WOLFECORP PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement has been adopted by WolfeCorp, and all of its associated and related companies, (referred to collectively as “WolfeCorp”).
At WolfeCorp, your privacy is very important to us. We want you to feel secure about any private information you provide to us. As part of our ongoing effort to keep you informed about our privacy practices, we have prepared this policy to inform you about WolfeCorp’s commitment to ensuring that the Personal Information obtained during the course of our activities remains accurate and confidential.
The provision of Personal Information to WolfeCorp means that the person concerned agrees and consents that we may collect, use and disclose their Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. In addition, where appropriate, specific authorizations or consents may be obtained from time to time.
In most cases and subject to legal and contractual restrictions, an individual is free to refuse or withdraw his or her consent at any time upon reasonable, advance notice. It should be noted that certain services can only be offered if a person provides Personal Information to WolfeCorp. Consequently, if an individual chooses not provide us with any required Personal Information, we may not be able to offer the services requested. We will inform you of the consequences of the withdrawal of consent.
WHAT IS “PERSONAL INFORMATION”?
We consider “Personal Information” to mean any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information, other than business contact information (e.g. name, title, business address).
THE ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WolfeCorp endeavours to ensure that any Personal Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, WolfeCorp will revise the Personal Information and, if necessary, use its best efforts to inform third parties which were provided with inaccurate information so that those third parties may also correct their records. Your personal information is retained only as long as we need it to effectively provide products and services to you, and for a reasonable length of time thereafter, in case we need to complete obligations to you, or meet any potential legal and/or government requirements. WolfeCorp shall use care when storing or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
WHY WOLFECORP MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
WolfeCorp may collect and use the Personal Information provided verbally or in writing (including via electronic media) by customers, consultants, strategic partners, agents, distributors, suppliers, contractors and other companies (including their employees) in order to:
· Market and sell WolfeCorp properties and services;
· Conduct, process and complete real estate transactions;
· Communicate with, and provide information to, WolfeCorp customers and others about WolfeCorp products, services and offers that may be of interest to individuals;
· Manage our relationship with, among others, WolfeCorp customers, consultants, strategic partners, agents, distributors, suppliers, contractors and other companies;
· Determining customer eligibility for financing homes and services, including identifying guarantors; assessing applications and conducting initial and periodic credit checks;
· Where circumstances require, collecting amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers;
· Meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
· Such other purposes consistent with these purposes. The personal information we ask for will depend upon which product or service you seek to obtain. All information is collected on a voluntary basis both online or offline, over the telephone, or face-to-face meetings and visits. WolfeCorp generally collects such information using Registration Forms, Questionnaires and Surveys, Agreements of Purchase and Sale and Lease and related real estate transaction documents.
Knowing you better helps us understand your needs ultimately providing you with the service you expect.
WolfeCorp only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances and only such information as is required for the purposes of providing products, services or information to customers. We use only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
Our use of Personal Information is limited to the purposes described in this Policy and WolfeCorp does not sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information it has obtained. WolfeCorp also does not provide Personal Information to any non-affiliated company for marketing or solicitation purposes unless you have given your consent to such use and disclosure.
WHEN WOLFECORP MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WolfeCorp may disclose your Personal Information to individuals or organizations:
· Who are other WolfeCorp companies (where permitted by law) that wish to tell you about their products or services or to inform you about other opportunities, and their related service providers, except when you indicate otherwise;
· Who are credit bureaus or Personal Information agents involved in determining initial and ongoing customer eligibility for products and services;
· Who are advisers of the person concerned (e.g. lawyers, inspectors, etc) or who work for such advisors; Involved in
· i Providing, managing or administering products or services intended to inform individuals about WolfeCorp products or services;
· ii Maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
· iii A transfer of all or part of the assets or business of WolfeCorp, including in connection with the securitization, sale, assignment and/or financing of our transactions; or
· iv A corporate re-organization of WolfeCorp or any corporation owned by WolfeCorp.
In the event sensitive Personal Information is provided to WolfeCorp, we will not disclose such Personal Information unless it is required in order to provide a customer with products or services.
Where WolfeCorp discloses Personal Information to organizations that perform services on its behalf, we will require those service providers to use such information solely for the purposes of providing services to the person concerned or WolfeCorp and to have appropriate safeguards for the protection of that Personal Information.
Where Personal Information may be subject to transfer to another organization in contemplation of a merger, sale of WolfeCorp assets or WolfeCorp business units or change of ownership of all or part of WolfeCorp, we will do this only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information (including any Personal Information) is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Please note that there are circumstances where the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where WolfeCorp is obliged to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
· Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or governmental tribunal;
· Where WolfeCorp believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
· Where it is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to WolfeCorp;
· Where it is necessary to permit WolfeCorp to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or
· Where the information is public.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, WolfeCorp will not disclose more information than is required.
Unless permitted by law, no Personal Information is collected, without first obtaining the consent of the individual concerned to the collection, use and disclosure of that information. However, we may seek consent to use and disclose Personal Information after it has been collected in those cases where WolfeCorp wishes to use the information for a purpose not identified in this Privacy Statement or not previously identified or for which the individual concerned has not previously consented.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WolfeCorp permits the reasonable right of access and review of Personal Information held by us about an individual and will endeavour to provide the information in question within a reasonable time and no later than 30 days following the request. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we may require sufficient information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is authorized to do so before granting access or making corrections.
We will provide information from our records in a form that is easy to understand. WolfeCorp reserves the right not to change any Personal Information but will append any alternative text the individual concerned believes to be appropriate.
WolfeCorp reserves the right to decline to provide access to Personal Information where the information requested:
· Would disclose (i) Personal Information, including opinions, about another individual or about a deceased individual; or (ii) trade secrets or other business confidential information that may harm WolfeCorp or the competitive position of a third party;
· Is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege;
· Is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing would be disproportionate to the nature or value of the information;
· Does not exist, is not held, or cannot be found by WolfeCorp;
· Could reasonably result in (i) serious harm to the treatment or recovery of the individual concerned, (ii) serious emotional harm to the individual concerned or another individual, or (iii) serious bodily harm to another individual;
· May harm or interfere with law enforcement activities and other investigative or regulatory functions of a body authorized by law to perform such functions; or
· May be restricted under applicable legislation.
Where information will not or cannot be disclosed, the individual making the request will be provided with the reasons for non-disclosure.
WolfeCorp will not respond to repetitious or vexatious requests for access and in making such a determination, we will consider such factors as the frequency with which information is updated, the purpose for which the information is used, and the nature of the information.
WolfeCorp will not charge you for verifying or correcting your information, however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, there may be a minimal charge imposed if you need a copy of records.
As you browse WolfeCorp’s website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with WolfeCorp’s website. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can manage your cookie settings within your browsers configuration.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Updated versions of this Privacy Statement will be posted on WolfeCorp’s website at www.wolfecorp.com, or you can direct any queries about this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Officer at WolfeCorp at the telephone, email address or mailing address listed below.
For more information, to make enquiries, to file a complaint, or to withdraw your consent where you wish to do so, please contact: